February 06, 2007

Life Minus Sinus

Life minus sinus for me is a dream..It all started sometime last year when my doc said i have chronic Sinusitis.I then had no knowledge on that but then was on medication for a while which gave me temp relief for about 4 months.The next thing i knew was that my teeth has been affected because of the same & had it removed early this month.And now i know how chronic is Chronic Sinusitis.It's called Maxillary Sinusitis.And then my ENT doc told me that the mucus has hardened in my skull,infact he went a step further & explained "It's like water dripping in droplets & then turning into ice or frost or whatever & in my case it's the same way that my mucus has become hard".With that came lotsa instructions,list of dos & donts.Gave him a vague smile when i stepped out.People in my office are used to seeing me with a box of tissues in my desk & no longer make fun.These days they just give me a smile - an all knowing smile which says sorry gal but you gotto live with it.And now it's melting.After struggling with the goddamn thing for almost an year it's melting & iam not complaining.For almost a week i've been blowing out mucus so much that even my ENT doc was surprised.Like Krishna said i think all this while it has been some kinda cold storage & like how my sis commented the other day that my auto defrost system is up & running :)

Say whatever like said in the first line..it's just a dream & hoping that one day am off it.

4 comments:

barbi bharadwaj said...

one sickness yeilds to the other, and thats the beauty of the human body..
everybody wishes to be healthy, but few take precautions for it. remember prevention is better than cure..

Errata said...

tch tch, you can either live with it or get it fixed. get your nose straightened :P.

Karthik Kumar said...

If some of my OWN clan should peep and go through my blog????

That's the idea...let them check it out and see how ludicrous the whole thing is from the other person's perspective.

oh btw....Here's to a fast cure to your sinusitis. Sniffing turmeric fumes usually works to clearing out the nasal cavities,,if you can survive your nose being on FIRE.;)

Ramaa Iyer said...

@Karthik

Sadly i can understand that they dont..Btw mom used to give me that 1 piece of turmeric & man i hate it..Anyways thanx a ton..