November 14, 2006

Gyaan

I won't call myself a 'Paragon of Virtue' but at the same time i have my own values.Yeah there have been many times in the past couple of months when i have stepped out of them & depicted a different picture i usually make it a point that i stick to my own values.Things that have been going around me for the past few days have made me realise that am better off than some of my peers.Not that i have ever lied but yeah now i know as to how the other person would have felt when i did the same.Except that this revolves around my work & am in deep shit coz of certain things which were taken for granted from their end on me.

I hate melodramatic statements & coming from guys that's all that will take to put off a guy whatever be the relationship you have with him..Maybe professional or may even be personal.And somehow these days inspite of me being in this corporate world,inspite of me having made good friends,i miss something..And to an extent i actually know what it is - Freedom.Freedom to do things independently & come out with effective results,freedom to actually put across my thoughts and not feel baffled by someone on the other end.

If only the haze clears..Wishful thinking is what i can hear myself saying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... i think its time you realize that YOU CANT.... keep every person whom u know happy. Isnt this so obvious..?? we just have 24 hrs in a day.....

So why not really cut down and keep in touch with just a handful of friends who are close. And to the rest you make it clear that you CANT give them time. I think that`ll make u feel much better.You should do this......if you havent already done so...

same applies to ur professional life..

And then you`ll get the freedom... the time.. whetever you want. The more friends you have the more expectations you have to meet. Well.. okay in the case you might choose to kepe all the friends.. then be ready for some nice " Gyaans" , " Bhashans" and "dramas"

--ram

Ramaa Iyer said...

Yeah i wish i can do that.Kaash

Anonymous said...

And what stops you from doing that? I think you should maintain an excel sheet as to how many hours ure working daily and then one fine day just go to the topmost guys and say.. "look this is what ive been doing... and so i propose that we do XXXXX so that we dont have to get overworked...!"

I think there is an opportunity here.. :)

And what stops u? you really cant keep all ur bosses happy and neither can u keep all ur friends happy. I think u have to choose whom to do so and whom not to...

-ram